Last week I changed from a Hub 1 on normal BB to Full Fiber Essential 150 with of course a BT Hub 2. All connected to all my devices and works well.
In my garden office (ok shed!) I have for the past year or so a TP-Link AV1000 which has worked perfectly on the Hub 1 system. Now on Hub 2 nothing. All the lights are on showing connections plus I'm paired and in the network. I'm using the same sockets which I know works so the wiring is ok, I've also tried multiple combinations of Ethernet port, pairing, resetting all devices and I still get an unstable report with no connection. Its obviously the Hub 2 but what's the problem - help!
Have you split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi on the new hub?
No, how do I do that?
Go to 192.168.1.254 in your browser. You can ignore any warnings, as this is an internal link, not an internet link.
Select the 'wireless' tile.
Click on 'Change settings'
Enter the admin password printed on the back od the BT Hub.
Where it says 'Seperate bands' move the slider to 'On'
Click on 'Save' at the top
You may get a warning that the admin password is insecure. I always ignore this as it is handy to keep the admin password "as is", unless you have teenage children!
Thanks again - done all that, problem is there isn't a 'Separate Bands' statement or slider anywhere? I've also done a bit of googling and it says Hub 2 doesn't have this capability
You could turn off the 5GHz temporarily to see if this fixes the problem. My hub is a 1 but that is doable on the 2 also.
First many thanks for your support. I had one other idea in that I could get hold of some +30m of Ethernet cable and run this down to the office then adding the AV1000 base (or some other bit of kit) which would be out of range of the Hub2. Would this work or is the signal still going to compromise it
Chris, I have edited my last post for typos - it made no sense.
But you need to put a little more effort in if you want help. I don't understand what you mean by, " I'm paired and in the network" and " I still get an unstable report with no connection", These statements are contradictory.
What I meant was that the AV1000 Adaptor was paired with the plug in unit to eliminate that error. I also said the units were in the same position on the wiring loom as when the Hub 1 was in use again showing that the only variable was the Hub 2 change, everything else worked before. The 'unstable report with no connection' is whats on my phone.