cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Hub 2 with TP Link AV1000

chrisstuart

Last week I changed from a Hub 1 on normal BB to Full Fiber Essential 150 with of course a BT Hub 2. All connected to all my devices and works well.

In my garden office (ok shed!) I have for the past year or so a TP-Link AV1000 which has worked perfectly on the Hub 1 system. Now on Hub 2 nothing. All the lights are on showing connections plus I'm paired and in the network. I'm using the same sockets which I know works so the wiring is ok, I've also tried multiple combinations of Ethernet port, pairing, resetting all devices and I still get an unstable report with no connection. Its obviously the Hub 2 but what's the problem - help!

16 REPLIES 16

kelper
Guru

Do you have the old hub?

chrisstuart

Ok I've done that, I'll have a look whats happening and report back

chrisstuart

Alas no they wanted it back, I'd thought of swapping it back as well

kelper
Guru

You could get a Business Smart Hub 1 on eBay.  Just to see if that makes any difference.

chrisstuart

Was looking at a post in a TP-Link forum and I found one from a guy who like me wanted wifi in the garden office & had successfully paired a  AV600 with a BT Hub 2. So today went out and bought one and for what ever reason it works - on a 150 MB system I get 30 to 40 MB down there which is more than enough. Many thanks for your help and patience, much appreciated.

kelper
Guru

I'm glad you're sorted.  If it were me, I would 'factory reset' the AV1000 to see if it works,

chrisstuart

Yeh prior to getting the AV600 I did factory re-sets on everything but nothing worked, they're now in the bin. Once again thanks