cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP Draytek

DavidJM

BT Business line with static IP address. All working fine with the BT Hub with a dynamic address.

I have 2 off Draytek Vigor 2860 and another VDSL line with XLN telecom. The Drayteks are set up following this guide:

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/vigor-2860-vdsl-setup

On the XLN both work absolutely fine, the XLN is a multi fixed IP provision the router set to dynamic and the fixed IPs are assigned to the IP alias table and can be used for routing.

However on the BT VDSL shows as connected on the Draytek but there isn't any traffic. I have SHOWTIME on the modem and the PPP is connected, there are bytes in the Tx but nothing in the Rx. I have tried both dynamic and fixed but neither work.

Everything looks correct but just no traffic. It is clearly a routing issue, i am guessing at the BT end.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DavidJM

Hi Beth, thank you for reaching out. The SSC eventually lifted the block that shouldnt have been there in the first place. I was offered about £20 for a fault that has cost me countless hours of my time.

As i said please think twice about using BT. There are countless better resellers out there. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DavidJM

It is almost exactly the same as this problem https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Archive/Static-IP-Address-Draytek-Vigor-2860/td-p/78528 but i checked with BT what the username and PW was, unless i was given the wrong details!

DavidJM

We have an update for anyone that is following/has similar issues.

After being told by BT engineering, who apart from their frankly ridiculous 3rd party mind block, (why have an approved vendor such as Draytek when you aren't even remotely willing to even countenance the possibility that a customer using one might need some entirely BT specific settings for the 3rd party unit) have been excellent, that there is a billing block on the account.

So on Saturday we rang billing, no block at all, just an outstanding bill for IP phones that we haven't received, where promised were next day only to be on a 6 week lead and wasnt due yet anyway (because we hadn't received them). So we paid up, were told it would clear in 24 hours, so we are now in credit with BT!

Fast forward to Sunday. Still a block.

Fast forward to this morning. I am on the phone to technical. my MD is on the phone to billing. You couldn't write it; technical - the account has a block, billing - no block. So we put them together to work things out and called our local BT business team. 

The upshot of all this is after countless hours of 3 members of staff calling BT's various departments we find out there is a hidden department (we have called them the secret squirrel club) within BT that need to remove the block. You cannot email them, they have no phone number and they have no name, hence secret squirrel club or SSC. So SSC will remove this block within 4 hours.

Excellent - nope, we were lied to again. after leaving it 5 hours and calling billing we were told by billing "we didn't tell you that, we said 48 hours", they didn't, they lied, yet again.

So to test my theory that this is all BT i tried the Business HUB with the username and PW supplied for the Draytek, it does EXACTLY the same thing. Arrggghhhh.......

So the upshot of this is if i can save anyone's time before they make the leap to BT - do not. I can heartily recommend XLN.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi DavidJM

I'm sorry you've been having issues with your billing. Have you been able to get connected yet? If you're still having issues,  if you can please go to my profile and hit send a message, I can pick this up from there and help you further.

^BethM

DavidJM

Hi Beth, thank you for reaching out. The SSC eventually lifted the block that shouldnt have been there in the first place. I was offered about £20 for a fault that has cost me countless hours of my time.

As i said please think twice about using BT. There are countless better resellers out there.