cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access multiple email accounts with web browser

tjrw

Now that POP3 access has been discontinued we can only access our accounts through a web browser.
Does anybody know any way we can monitor more than one account without having to log out/in to each account every time??
This is OK using Outlook on iPhones - I can have 3 email accounts open simultaneously but I can't find a way of doing this on a desktop or laptop which is most inconvenient.

7 REPLIES 7

kelper
Guru

Just open several tabs - one for each account

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi tjrw,

Thanks for your post.

I would suggest opening a new tab within private browsing and logging into the other BT Connect email account you wish to use simultaneously as opening multiple tabs within a regular browsing window will mean that all accounts will be affected when you log in and out. 

Thanks,

^SamG

tjrw

Yes - tried that. This gives us two accounts on screen at the same time.
By using both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome we can get four.
Obviously nowhere near as convenient as Outlook!

Have also found a (tedious...) way of archiving locally to Outlook:
Open each email, in "More actions" use Download to save in your Downloads folder then "Open with" Outlook; from "File" then "Move to folder" and select your Outlook mailbox folder.

dhoward1111

What I want is a single pane with emails from all my accounts (BT / Non BT) on a PC. This I could easily do in the past, now it seems it is no longer possible? 

kelper
Guru

I use Gmail for all my email accounts, including BTConnect.

rachelgomez123
Power User

To access multiple email accounts with a web browser, you can follow these steps:

Open your web browser and navigate to the website of the email service provider for your first email account (e.g. Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.).

Sign in to your email account using your username and password.

Once you're logged in, you should see your inbox and other folders (such as Drafts, Sent, Spam, etc.).

To access your second email account, open a new tab in your web browser and navigate to the website of the email service provider for your second email account.

Sign in to your second email account using your username and password.

Once you're logged in, you should see your inbox and other folders for your second email account.

To switch between your email accounts, simply switch between the tabs in your web browser.

If you want to open both email accounts in the same browser tab, you can use the "incognito" or "private" browsing mode in your web browser. This will open a new window without any saved cookies or login information, allowing you to sign in to your second email account without logging out of your first account.

Repeat the above steps to add more email accounts to your web browser.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

tjrw

Now found "New Outlook". 
Although obviously still in beta, you can view multiple accounts (incl. gmail, etc.) simultaneously.
"Allegedly" saving to pst files is coming....

I found this by setting up one of the btconnect accounts in MS Mail (Windows desktop) which then gave me the option of switching to New Outlook. Now just opening MS Mail takes me straight to New Outlook.
Outlook for IoS now also gives easy access to multiple accounts; in fact you can also view all emails from all accounts (obviously mixed) in one place.