cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my btclick email address still work after POP3 is discontinued?

pamelapuk

Will my btclick.com email address still work after POP3 is discontinued? I think the last changes to BT changed my btclick.com address to be an alias for my btconnect.com address but I'm not sure. I never use my btconnect address, always my btclick.com address. I can currently log into my BT account with the btclick address. Everyone from 20 years of having the btclick address has the btclick.com address, no one has the btconnect address. Also all  my logins to websites (hundreds of them) are btclick. It will be a disaster if I can no longer use it.

6 REPLIES 6

kelper
Guru

Logins to other websites won't be affected.  The user name could have been anything that looked like an email address.  But you need to update contact details if these websites need to email you.

pamelapuk

@kelper

Ok, yes, logins will work. Why would I need to change contact details for websites to email me? Are you saying my btclick.com email address won't work in Outlook webmail??

kelper
Guru

If the btclick emails stop working it won't affect log ins to third party websites but how will they contact you if needed?  

pamelapuk

@kelper

That's what I am asking: quote <kelper> how will they contact you if needed? 

If my address @btclick.com will work with Outlook Web?  I think it will but want/need confirmation, because if it won't then I am facing a nightmare.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi pamelapuk

All the POP3 being discontinued means is that you can no longer use a mail client and will now need to log into the emails at outlook.office.com. Your btclick email address should work via the webmail. 

^BethM

Mobsteroid8

All the POP3 being suspended means is that you can never again utilize a mail client and will currently have to sign into the messages at outlook.office.com. Your click email address ought to work by means of the webmail.