cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yealink phones and Cloud Voice Express App - continues ringing after answering??

rob-SMR

I have 2 Yealink phones and the app on an Android phone . . .

If the phone rings and I answer on the Yealink the Android phone with the app rings (even while I'm speaking on the Yealink) - and vice versa.

Surely when one of the instrument options ( Yealink (either) or Android) is answered any ringing should stop at once.

I've just answered a call on one of the Yealinks - the Android rang and continued to ring even after I'd hung up the Yealink (it was just a short call with a security code for banking)

It doesn't seem right to me . . . . .  - and it best is totally illogical.

7 REPLIES 7

SamG
Administrator
Administrator

Hi rob-SMR,

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Can you please send me a PM with some of your account information? I'll then reach out to our Cloud Voice Express team to see if they can assist.

Thanks,

^SamG

rob-SMR

Message sent with BT Account & Phone numbers

rob-SMR

No word from anyone at BT and the issue continues . . . . the "fault tracking" just displays a "we can't access your details now, try later" - and has done for 5 days.

rob-SMR

More on the Yealink/Mobile phone relationship . . . after much discussion with BT we now have 4 Yealink phones in the building as using mobiles as handsets simply didn't work.  The issue up-thread about the ringing after answering seems to have been fixed having had quite a few app updates.

BUT - when an incoming call arrives  the Yealink phones ring together with the Android mobile when WiFi is on . . . .  is there a way to stop the mobile app ringing?  (i.e. I don't want it to, and there is an overlap delay when answering the Yealink)

Looking at the app settings there is no obvious option - although disabling the app's use of "phone" would be expected to do so - it doesn't.  Forcing a stop on the app has no effect either.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi rob-SMR

1. In the app, go to Settings.
  2. Go to the Call Features section.
  3. Switch on Do Not Disturb and you won’t get any calls or alerts to your business mobile.
  4. You’ll see a yellow dot to show that Do Not Disturb is on.

To get calls on your phone again, simply follow the same steps but switch off Do Not Disturb.

^BethM

Hmm, I tried that and it seemed to work only intermittently - I'll remove and reinstall the app (yet again) and see whether it works.

Thanks

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi rob-SMR

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks 🙂 

^BethM