cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business broadband and BT Sport

dhalijet

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but the BT Sport package states that if you have BT Broadband, then the subscription for the first year of BT Sport is free. 

When I try and sign up, it seems to think that being a  BT Business customer doesn't fulfill the criterion for the freebie.

Does anyone know anything about this ? 

Thanks.

57 REPLIES 57

FarmhouseRed

Very disappointed to find out that we will be unable to receive BT sport as a business user or should I say a phone line in a farm house,tried to speak to someone but passed on and on and on and on and on and on,not good enough BT from a loyal customer since year dot.

mattsnapper

The reason I opted for BT Business Broadband was because of the seemingly more efficient service should the line go down. Why those who opted for the Business package and now being penalised is simply bizarre. Its 2013, there are hundreds of thousands of people who run businesses from home. I was ENCOURAGED to go for the Business package to suit my needs. Now you idiots think I am running a pub or huge corporation and want to charge me when the advertising is very misleading and quite simply does NOT state any difference between BT business or BT residential. 

Here is my message to BT - save your money and do not mailshot me with future BT TV deals. I am simply not interested. Your business plan of people watching TV using fibre optic lines will fail due to the amount of home owners in the UK with BT Business Broadband accounts. 

Sky totally spanked the BT launch with their 72 live day. People at Sky tell me that they earn more money using BT lines for thier internet customers than BT do using their own lines. 

Please put my name down guys for any media action / complaints / BBC Watchdog etc. Most T+Cs make sense, I am compassionate to and understand. The BT Sport fiasco is simply idiotic.

xsvoid

ditto - very misleading - I am going to ping an email to watchdog - bt have been very slimy about this. I am running a consultancy, Infiniti seemed the way to go with the added bonus of the fottie matched offered.

wendleken

I too have jsut been told to change my account to a residential if I want the Free sport package

As I am paying way over what residential customers pay I am hopping mad that my son is unable to get the footbal etc.

Its disgusting and no comploiants procedure to be able to follow so we can all log our fury.

Aspparenty the number they put me through to is receiving hundreds of angry calls on a daily basis

the operator told me is fed up with hostile people blaming him!

Why should we pay for something that residential customers paying less than us can get for free.

bang out of order.

I have no more available money so son misses out

wendy

wendleken

I would like to know why Ian came on and said this

If you require BT Sport for your Business Line, please refer to the links provided in my previous post.

Kind regards,

Ian Ferrier

BT Business Support

when we clearly cannot do so.

I too got told to get an extra broadband line on a residential service if I wanted the free package

oh thats really going to save money isnt it?

madness.

wendy

Philiptespur

Hi All,

I have the same problem - One man band with BT bus at home and BT will not give me BT Sport. Worked for them for 20 years as well so not a happy bunny. Anything I can do to help out then please just ask.

Cheers,

mikeinfected

me too £12 per month, same as any Sky customer, if you want to sign up to BT Sport as a BT business customer so adverts are less than honest (not a mention of business customers).

I'm starting to think it's not worth being a BT business customer :

(a) No telephone help after 6 pm, even if you have a problem with their service;
(b) A stoopid forwarding notice that slows down your business internet, and takes you away from the work you were doing online (lost about an hour + the thrty minutes to get internet going again as the re-forward site keeps dropping out) a whole nine days after receiving your bill;
(c) and then the passive aggressive note, words to the effects of "ask yourself are you a residential customer ? Well no you're not" (can't belive they speak to any clients like that).

Been with BT for over 20 years as a customer, thought I was not going to cheapen my business by not going with the best supplier but with the disingenuous adverts (for what reason, a deal couldn't be done ?), terrible service with no past 6 pm calling, re-forwarding on bills during the working day and extra cost/small broadband speeds starting to think there's really no point. The service for business folk has gotten worse and worse as BT increasingly try to find any way to milk us for any penny and this is just the last straw for me (epecially with the way they;re speaking to us online). 

Way to encourage people to stay with/move to BT Broadband ! 

mikeinfected

couple of links for people to consider :

http://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/

(the irony being that BT complained  to Ofcom about BSkyB's treatment of BT Sport. )

paulears

I'd forgotten about this, as I just got grumpy about it a month or so ago, but just added it to my list of BT annoyances. Then today on youtube, BT inserted an ad on the video - free BT sport to ANY BT customer. ANY meaning what? Just residential? Any definition of 'ANY' can't have restrictions, because if there are restrictions, it isn't 'ANY' it's 'SOME' or 'Almost all' - the ASA need to take action, because it's cleary wrong.

The useless and unhelpful posts from BT in this topic, just make them look even sillier!

Paul

wajbsb

BT Sport is available to BT Business broadband customers (except for pubs and clubs, who are obviously a different entity) from £12 a month.

The technical help for Business lines (phone and broadband) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - the number is 0800 800 154 and you just need to state 'broadband' or 'phone' depending on which you need help with.