cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTConnect email addresses and how to access your email

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

There's been a number of posts on here asking about the future of BTConnect email addresses. Just to confirm - there's currently no plans to remove BTConnect email addresses, the only change is that basic authentication has been replaced by modern authentication so you will need to log in via webmail to access your emails now. You can find out more here in our FAQs. 

How can I access my btconnect.com mailbox?

You can access your mailbox:

• At outlook.office.com (this is browser-based access).
  • Via business.bt.com, My Account (which links to office.com).
  • Using the Outlook Application on mobile devices.

I don't know my password

The username and password used to access your btconnect.com mailbox are the same as you use to login in to My Account.

Find out how to recover your login details.   

^BethM
36 REPLIES 36

Mason

Was eventually able to log into OWA and send an email to another account from original btconnect mail address, but not able to receive any replies and unable to access any previous emails or contacts.

Mason

When I try to login via My BT I get 

You're not currently logged in to email - to login, click here

and go round in circles.

Mowbs

Hi BethM,

I have always accessed my BTconnect email via an Outlook office365 server , as this got around the problem of only 1GB memory for storage.  The server connection failed on  6 April , when BT made the security changes . The POP settings used are :  (incoming messages ) outlook.office365.com  port 995 & (outgoing) smtp.office365.com port 587. 

Are there changes I can make to the settings , to allow me to continue using my email account with this mail server ?

Thank You 

daviesr1

The problem is that the email telling us about this change is not specific enough about how to continue to read your emails, AND you can't reply to it to tell them so.

Office.com is a microsoft website and will by default log you into your microsoft account.

What no one at BT seems to understand is that you need to log into  the BT HOSTED REALM. i.e. https://outlook.office.com/owa/?realm=btconnect.com

Then use your NORMAL btconnect username and password.

What's more, you try to talk to BT about this, they cannot get past your a legacy account with no live BT billing account. The management of this switchover is appalling, no clear directive, no ability to feedback!

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi daviesr1

Thanks for highlighting this, you can log in directly at outlook.office.com and this will take you into your emails. You can log in fine at office.com, you just then have to select Outlook from the options on the menu to go into your emails. 

^BethM

Stuart_rip

Beth I have now wasted 3 days because of this stupid decision by BT to no longer allow clients to access their email other than through your web mail service.  I still have many more days work to do to convert all the systems and accesses I have linked to this email.   For your business customers this is just nonsence as it does not allow integration of email into other services which is a must for most of us.    I've been a BT customer since the 90's and although I moved from BT Business to BT retail when I took over responsibility for internet from the company I worked for I was told I could keep the btconnect email as long as I continued to access it at least once a month.    I have remained a BT customer to maintain this email and I will now have to reconsider that decision.  

I was told when I called BT yesterday that moving to office 365 would allow me to again access my emails but as others have noted that is NOT the case and I have now paid £60 for a office 365 which does nothing to address the issue.

It's clear that BT support staff do not know what has happened here are that they are given completly erroneous advice.   Also blaiming Microsoft is not an answer either as microsoft does have options that BT could have used.

I urge BT to reconsider this betrayal of loyal customers

steveb1

So if Outlook via Mobile works - why can't I use my registered outlook app from my pc?

Like others, my outlook is key to my day to day operation, and when i'm in locations without internet access (regular issue when i'm in Datacenters) - I need offline access to my data to refer to & perform my work. (same reason for having the full Microsoft suite on my PC - not on 365)

Please confirm how I can get outlook on my pc to work again.

ClareF

This is not true.  Yesterday my btconnect.com email address was cancelled (despite assuring me on Thursday it wouldn’t be).  I spent all day  (8-8pm) yesterday across trying to reinstate it as it’s used for my business contacts for last 20 years……. Appalling service and this is simply not true…

ClareF

I totally agree same happened to me yesterday.  It’s appalling service after 20 years of being a customer.   Where are the seniors?

ClareF

Agree appalling service for account holders been with BT for over 20 years….. where are the seniors who should be supporting this massive challenge to potentially failed businesses….. (now by connect emails are simply cancelled without warning we have no idea which clients are emailing us and have failed to connect)……. Apallling service for clients that have supported BT for over 20 years…… where are BT seniors?