cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTConnect email addresses and how to access your email

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

There's been a number of posts on here asking about the future of BTConnect email addresses. Just to confirm - there's currently no plans to remove BTConnect email addresses, the only change is that basic authentication has been replaced by modern authentication so you will need to log in via webmail to access your emails now. You can find out more here in our FAQs. 

How can I access my btconnect.com mailbox?

You can access your mailbox:

• At outlook.office.com (this is browser-based access).
  • Via business.bt.com, My Account (which links to office.com).
  • Using the Outlook Application on mobile devices.

I don't know my password

The username and password used to access your btconnect.com mailbox are the same as you use to login in to My Account.

Find out how to recover your login details.   

^BethM
36 REPLIES 36

BTScaftec

I fully support the authentication changes made, and Ihave to lauh outloud at anyone who who has so badly managed their email, that losing a mailbox means they have lost data.

However, we have had it suggested that our mailbox of many tears, scaftec@btconnect.com will soon stop working, due to us no longer being a BT customer. We only moved away a few weeks ago, and despite various folk telling me that we can get premium amila nd keep on using that mailbox, which still works today, I can't find anyone in BT to take this forward.

kelper
Guru

Karma!  It was never wise to tie your email or websites to your ISP as you have now found out.

George2

Thank you for the update regarding BTConnect email addresses. It's reassuring to know that there are no plans to remove them. However, I have a question about accessing my mailbox:

If I need to log in via webmail to access my emails now due to the replacement of basic authentication with modern authentication, can you please clarify the steps to ensure a seamless transition? Specifically, I'd like to know how I can access my btconnect.com mailbox using the Outlook Application on mobile devices. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi George2

Have you attempted to log into your BTConnect email address through the Outlook Application app? It will guide you on how to do it. 

^BethM

I know it is a year later, but certainly now I am finding those links you sent will not let me in using my BTconnect email and password.

RobertaHuston

Here I am, a year after the original post, desperately trying to get into my BTconnect.com email.  (I don't use it but it is where account recovery passwords for a social media account are being sent, and I need them.)

@BethM said using her links I could access using my btconnect.com pw and email.  However even though I can successfully get into my BT account, the same credentials will NOT get me into the email on the browser access options stated.

When I click to reset password it says I do not have access and an email has been sent to the administrator.  In our small business I have always been the admin for all things tech.  I have received no email and have no way os seeing where this email has been sent to the 'administrator'.

I hope someone can help, and that my btconnect emails are not lost forever.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, 

Can you message me privately and I will take your business account details and as we will need to get this investigated by our high level technical help team.

Thank you

Adam